About the CLEAN Collection
About the CLEAN Project » About the CLEAN Network »The CLEAN Collection is a high-quality and rigorously reviewed collection of climate and energy educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and the Energy Literacy frameworks, and the Next Generation Science Standards.×
Through the peer-review process scientists and educators ensure scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness, and classroom readiness for each resource.Learn more about CLEAN from this short video.
The CLEAN collection:
- Online, free digital learning resources
- Features learning activities, educational videos, visualization, animations, simulations, short demonstrations
- Geared towards educators for learners in secondary through undergraduate levels
- Community and expert scientist reviewed
- Collection scope defined by the Climate and Energy Literacy Frameworks
- Aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Many filter for targeted search into the collection
- Curated through a project team
- Pointer collection to resources developed by others
The CLEAN collection is syndicated to NOAA's climate.gov portal and to NSTA's Learning Center.
CLEAN is funded by grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NA14OAR0110121, NA14OAR0110120, NA12OAR4310143, NA12OAR4310142), the National Science Foundation (DUE-0938051, DUE-0938020, DUE-0937941) and the Department of Energy. Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or the Department of Energy.